Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Orly It's Not Rocket Science + Hot Mess Lacquers Yankee Star

I received my Hot Mess Lacquers order in from Copious the other day and have been dying to try the polish and cuticle balm out! Thank to Copious, I scored 2 cuticle balms and the polish for only $2.16 shipped.
If you don't already know what Copious is, it's a online selling market for health & beauty items, clothes and accessories. They randomly give out $10 credits and you can get a $10 credit for signing up under my link here. Each order does cost you a penny if your order total is $0, but that's a great deal for polish!



 Orly It's Not Rocket Science is a moss green with brown undertones duo chrome and gold and green foil micro glitter.
All fingers, except my pinky, are 2 coats of It's Not Rocket Science. My pinky is 3 coats. All have a base coat of Seche Rebuild and no top coat.
I in particular am not normally a fan of green polish. That being said though, I love this color. I think the mix of duo chrome and glitter make this color very unique and likable. 
Yankee Star is described as silver holographic glitterbomb with various sizes and shapes of glitter in a clear base.
All fingers are 2 coats of Yankee Star over the above mentioned and with a top coat of Seche Vite.
The base of Yankee Star was a little thinner than I expected. When I did pull out enough glitter on the brush most of it would slide off before I could get it on my nail. I had to be careful with getting the right amount of base and glitter combination so I didn't have a glob of base and/or glitter. Once I figured out this combination application went on smoothly. 
Hot Mess Lacquers Crack Are Wack Cuticle Balm. Ingredients: Shea butter, avocado oil, beeswax, vegetable glycerin, vitamin E, lemon essential oil
With my Hot Mess Lacquers purchase from Copious, I also picked up 2 Cracks Are Wack Cuticle balms. The smell of this is amazing and reminds me of lemon cake. The formula is easy to use and soaks into my cuticles in under 2 minutes. I haven't had this for a long time to test long term affects but it will be something I use more frequently because it smells so good!


Orly It's Not Rocket Science is from the Cosmic FX 2010 collection. I picked up mine from the clearance section at Ulta. I have seen it at a different Ulta that was not for sale at a discounted price so, depending on your store you may be able to still find it. You can purchase it online still from Ulta and other retailers like Amazon. Find Orly on Facebook here.

Hot Mess Lacquers products can be found on etsy here as well as Copious, here. Make sure to like Hot Mess Lacquers on Facebook here.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...